15 posts tagged Retronator
- done in 24 hours straight of pixel art & coding (only 3 half hour naps)
- hand crafted map projection with minimal shape distortion
- 8 frame walk cycle animations,
- click around the map to make your person move,
- other visitors to the site automatically update thanks to Meteor.
- not much more than that because 24 hours.
Hackathon prototype by Retronator
No Bullshit Pixel Art Tutorial — Week 1
retronator: This is my attempt to start sharing everything I know about pixel art as concisely as possible. It comes in the form of focused tips, packaged into 10 second videos. The intro + first two are already online. The rest of Week 1 will air one per day for the rest of the week. Go view them at: giveit100.com/pixelart
The slides above expand on the videos and act as cheat sheets on the topics I cover. Like & reblog if you want to support this project.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Pac-Man, Namco/Midway, 1980
Retronator: An animation for the Pixel Art History segment about sprites, from my upcoming pixel art tutorial.
Pixel China Mountains
See the AWESOME full-size, animated, parallax image (and move your mouse left and right over the image)
Created by Retronator